Here at The Claus Team, we don’t just sell homes in Schertz. Just like the customers we cater to, our agents live and work here, too.
Why do we spend so much time in Schertz? Well, to put it simply: We love it.
Schertz offers something that other Central Texas towns just don’t. It has a small-town, close-knit feel, yet it boasts all the big city amenities you could want – great shopping, five-star dining, top-notch schools and so much more. It’s the perfect place for anyone – whether you’re a single bachelor or a bustling family of five.
But enough talking in generalities. Let’s get down to the nitty gritty: Why we (and our clients) truly love this little Texas town. Who knows, you may love it for the very same reasons!
- It’s small – but not too small – With nearly 35,000 residents, Schertz certainly isn’t the smallest town in the Lone Star State. It does, however, offer a much smaller “feel” than most suburbs and metropolitan communities. It’s close-knit, it’s easy to get around, and there is plenty to see and do for all ages. Many people are born here, grow up here and later on raise their own families in the area – and that says something very powerful about the community.
- It’s got a great location – Nestled just outside of San Antonio, Schertz offers the ideal location for virtually everyone. In just a few minutes, you can get to a main thoroughfare, head to work, hit the Riverwalk, go to Schlitterbahn or Six Flags, or do anything else your big-city heart desires. Everything is just a quick drive down the road!
- It’s perfect for kids – With highly rated schools, tons of recreational opportunities, and lots of community organizations like Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts and more, there’s no doubting Schertz kid-friendliness. The Schertz-Cibolo-Universal City ISD is one of the top school districts in the area, and the Schertz Recreation Center / YMCA and the Buffalo Valley Youth Association offer tons of athletic options, including volleyball, basketball, swimming, cheerleading, football, baseball, softball, swimming and more.
- It’s safe – Schertz is also extremely safe, with a violent crime rate of just 1.76 per 1,000 residents. (The Texas average is more than twice that at 4.06, and the national average is 3.8, for comparison.) Property crimes also come in lower than both that state and national averages, with just 25 per every 1,000 residents every year.
- There’s tons to do – Schertz is home to an amazing amount of entertainment, despite its small size. For family fun, there are big tourist attractions like the Natural Bridge Caverns and the Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch. For adults, there’s the Northcliffe Golf Club, where you can spend some time on the links, and several wineries in nearby New Braunfels offer a great place for day-drinking with friends. For outdoor fun, you can check out Ashley Park, Forest Ridge Park, Pickrell Park, Cut-off Park, Lone Oak Park and other community parks and playgrounds. Crescent Bend Nature Park even has fishing areas year-round!
- There are loads of community events – One of the biggest things that contributes to Schertz’s “small town” feel is all the communitywide events that go on throughout the year. Festivals like Absolute Jazz, SchertzFest, the Fourth of July Jubilee, Trunk or Treat and the Festival of Angels bring community members together for fun, food and festivities. There are also age-specific events like the Schertz Sweetheart Pageant and the Senior Arts and Crafts Bazaar, and events for EMS, police and other professionals are happening year round. There’s truly something for everyone.
- There are plenty of real estate options – Though the median home price is around $170,000, Schertz offers real estate options for virtually every budget and need. So whether you need a new home, old home, sprawling estate or modest bachelor pad, there’s something for everyone here. There is even a plentiful rental market if you’re on the hunt for a rental home, condo or apartment. It’s all within reach in Schertz.
Though The Claus Team certainly loves Schertz, you don’t have to take our word for it. Come visit, stay a few days and enjoy the welcoming community that is Schertz. If you find yourself loving it as much as we do, consider staying permanently! Just contact one of our agents, and we’ll help you find the perfect property for your budget and needs. We’ll even help you through the entire home buying process, every step of the way. Just call us to get started. We’re here to help.