Schertz isn’t your average Texas suburb.
Sure, there are great schools, affordable real estate options and safe neighborhoods, but unlike other small-town burbs, it doesn’t just stop there.
Schertz actually offers a whole slew of amenities – fun things to do, great places to visit, and tons of unique benefits that every member of the family can enjoy.
New to Schertz, Texas? Already live here, but need some new activities to enjoy with the kiddos? Here are the area’s top spots:
- Local parks – The city of Schertz is home to a plethora of well-maintained outdoor parks. At Pickrell Park, you’ll find pools, basketball courts, BBQ grills, playgrounds, picnic tables, pavilions and more, and at Ashley Park the soccer field is the true star of the show. There’s also the Gutierrez Xeriscape Park, Forest Ridge Park, Lone Oak Park, Cut-off Park, and a community skate park, playscape and ballpark. Each offers a unique setting and tons of outdoor fun for the whole family.
- SchertzFest – The ultimate local festival, SchertzFest celebrates the anniversary of the town’s incorporation more than 50 years ago. This two-day event boasts live music, a BBQ competition, kids’ games, food, drink and local business vendors. It takes place every September and is fun for all ages.
- Crescent Bend Nature Park – This 190-acre park is a true sight to be seen. Full of majestic forestry, creeks, wildlife and foliage, it’s the perfect place for a workout, a day with the family or just a little time in the sun. Go fishing, walk your dog on one of the many trails, grill up some burgers and brats, or just have a picnic in the great outdoors. The options are endless at this expansive outdoor playground.
- Festival of Angels – Held the first Friday of December, the Schertz Festival of Angels is the town’s annual holiday celebration. Residents can watch a lit-up night parade, hear music from local school bands, choirs and orchestras, and enjoy seasonal warm foods and beverages. There’s even snow for kids to play in. And in Texas, that’s a pretty special sight, don’t you think?
- Color Clay Studio – Everyone likes to get their hands dirty every once in a while, and the Schertz Color Clay Studio is a great place to do it. Here, you, your spouse and your kids pick out your favorite piece of pottery or ceramic item. Then, you use Color Clay’s wide array of paints, stencils, stamps and more to create whatever your imagination can devise. The Color Clay staff will finish it off with a glaze and fire it up, and in just a few days, you can have a beautiful vase, a cute mug or a decorative item for your home. It’s fun and function all in one.
- Schertz YMCA – It’s fun to stay at the YMCA, right? Well that’s certainly true of the Schertz YMCA, which boasts programming and facilities for all age groups. There are clubs and camps for the kids, workout areas and exercise classes for the adults, and loads of sports and athletic leagues for every age and gender, including basketball, volleyball, football, lacrosse and more. The Y even offers classes specifically designed for seniors.
- Schertz Jubilee – The Schertz Jubilee is the city’s annual July 4th celebration, which boasts a fireworks show, BBQ cook-off, parade, live music, carnival rides and more. There’s even a 5K run for the active folks, and loads of local food, drink and craft vendors are always on site. There’s a little something for everyone at this annual fest.
- Jazz N’ Blues in the Park – For the local music fan, the Jazz N’ Blues festival is the place to be. Residents can spend a fun day in the sun enjoying live jazz, blues and soul performers in Schertz’ beautiful Pickrell Park. All you need is a blanket or lawn chair, and you’ve got entertainment for the full day. Wine, beer and food are also available for purchase.
Whether you want to spend the day outside or you’re looking for more artistic pursuits, there’s no shortage of things to do here in Schertz, Texas. You just have to look around!
Learn More about Schertz Texas
Do you want more insider Schertz insight? Need help finding the perfect home in the Schertz area? Let The Claus Team be your guide. Our agents are experts in this town, and we know how to match you with the perfect property for your needs and budget. Call us today to get started.