Though Cibolo certainly has its perks – things like great schools, beautiful real estate options and plenty to do and see – the real standout is its prime location.
Situated right in the heart of Hill Country, Cibolo residents get to enjoy stunning panoramic views, beautiful, majestic forestry, and a nice, gentle breeze – even in the heat of summer. It’s a location that can turn even the most indoorsy homebody into a venturing explorer.
Want to take advantage of the amazing surroundings Cibolo Texas has to offer? New to the area? Here are some ways to do it:
- Play disc golf at Schlather Park. Forget just throwing a Frisbee around with the dog. At Cibolo’s Schlather Park, you and your friends can turn Frisbee-ing into a real sport with the park’s state-of-the-art disc golf course. Take turns throwing discs toward the baskets, and make your way through the winding paths of the 18-hole course. Be sure to keep track of your throws; the person with the least at the end of the game wins (and gets serious bragging rights)! Once you’re done with the game, be sure to check out Schlather’s other amenities, too; the trails are great for exploring, walking your dog or just getting a little cardio in, while the picnic tables are perfect if you’ve packed a bite to eat.
- Head down to Cibolo Creek. On the south side of the city, you’ll find sparkling Cibolo Creek, which offers fun, outdoor activities aplenty. You can go fishing, swimming, kayaking or rafting, or even visit the nearby Cibolo Nature Center. If you’re not feeling like getting in the water, just take advantage of the surrounding trails, and take your furry friend on a nice, long walk through nature.
- Join a local athletic league. A number of local athletic associations offer sports leagues for both kids and adults. There’s the Buffalo Valley Youth Association, the Spartans Youth Athletic Association and the San Antonio Sports and Social Club. Just a few of your options include baseball, softball, kickball, dodgeball, football, volleyball, cheerleading and more. Many of these leagues even play at nearby Cibolo parks, making the extra convenient for local residents.
- Check out one of the many area playgrounds. Want to take the kids out for a little fun in the sun? Head to Niemietz Park, Schlather Park or Veterans Memorial Park, where you’ll find expansive playground areas just for the kiddos. Niemietz Park even has soccer fields and volleyball courts, if you’re craving a little family competition. Just make sure to bring a ball with you!
- Host a get together at one a park pavilion. All four Cibolo parks offer spacious pavilions that are perfect for birthday parties, family reunions and or just a weekend get together. There are also grills, which make cooking up a few burgers, brats or hot dogs a breeze, and loads of picnic tables ensure there’s always plenty of seating.
- Take a short drive to New Braunfels. Need to cool down in the heat of summer? Take a short 15 minute drive over to New Braunfels, and go tubing down one of the local rivers. Pack a cooler of drinks, wear your bathing suit, and settle in to float the day away. For a more exciting way to beat the heat, check out Schlitterbahn, the state’s biggest (and arguably most popular) water park. You can even get a season pass and come back all summer long.
- Enjoy some drinks or food on the patio. Looking for something a little less active? How about a nice meal or round of drinks on a local patio? Catalano Pizzeria is a great choice if you’re looking for a good slice of pizza pie, and La Cabana is perfect if you want some classic Mexican food, a frozen margarita or a nice cold beer.
Cibolo’s beautiful surroundings never cease to amaze, so whether you’re new to town or you’ve been here for years, take some time to enjoy them. Hit up a local park, grab a drink on your favorite patio, or challenge your friends to a rousing game of disc golf. Whatever you choose, you surely won’t regret it.
Learn More About Cibolo Texas
Need more insider insight on Cibolo? Want help finding the perfect Cibolo Texas property for you? Contact The Claus Team. Our local experts will happily match you with homes that meet your budget, needs and preferences today. Call us now!