Living here in Schertz certainly has its benefits – the great schools, the amazing, affordable real estate options and all the top-notch amenities it offers are all big advantages for those who live and work here.
But, despite all these five-star offerings, the city of Schertz isn’t just some cookie-cutter, plain-jane suburb that looks like all the rest.
In fact, it’s actually quite unique! With a distinctive small-town feel (though a population of nearly 40,000 definitely can’t be considered small) and tons of exceptional small and one-of-a-kind businesses, Schertz really and truly is its own little world.
Are you considering the city of Schertz for your family’s new home? Then stop on by and see the magic for yourself. Be sure to check out these stellar, totally unique restaurants while you’re in town, too. They’ll have you wanting to stay here for good!
- Mattenga’s Pizzeria – Craving a greasy slice of pizza pie? You have to stop by Mattenga’s Pizzeria, a spot known for its killer garlic knots and amazing pizzas, calzones and Italian specialties. The chicken pesto pizza is a local favorite, or if you’re in the mood for something specific, go all out and build your own pie from top to bottom. There are personal sizes, pizzas for two, family and party sizes and even giant slices, if you’re really feeling the burn.
- ChilAngus Mexican Grill – Forget Chipotle. This is Schertz’ version of fast-casual Mexican, offering tacos, burritos, salads, bowls, empanadas, chile rellenos, taquitos and more. It even serves kids meals, desert, beer and breakfast, so there’s a little something for everyone (and every time of day). The best part? It’s cheap, it’s fast and it’s good (it even has 4 stars on Yelp, too!)
- Bonnie’s Texas Pecan Candy – Have a sweet tooth? This hole-in-the-wall sweet shop is your haven. They offer homemade ice cream (in 15 different flavors!), chocolates, candies, cookies, baked goods and every type of sweet your heart can imagine. They’re especially known for their Texas-shaped pralines, so be sure to grab a few while you’re here!
- Fox’s Pizza & Tap Room – Though the pizza here is certainly something to write home about, Fox’s offers more than just a good slice and a cold beer. This laid back bar hosts karaoke and brewery nights, throws game-watching parties, and even screens UFC fights and other in-demand viewing. Live bands and musicians are also a common sight at Fox’s. If you’re feeding a lot of people, they can help with that, too. Their specialty is a giant, 30-inch pizza with 52 individual slices. You’ll have leftovers for weeks!
- Gill’s Ranch House Bar & Grill – This little bar and grill is the perfect place to kick back, enjoy a cold beer, and dive into some good old Texas grub. Gill’s specializes in burgers, steaks and barbecue, and the full bar is always pouring. You can also go in on a game of pool, or head out to the patio to enjoy a little time in the sun. Either way, you’ll feel right at home at Gill’s.
- Siam Cuisine – Want something a little more adventurous? Siam Cuisine offers the area’s best Thai food, with options like red and green curry, coconut ice cream, pad Thai, tom yum soup and more. Be sure to order one of the Thai iced teas while you’re here, too; they’re a must-try! If you have food allergies, you’re in luck. Siam happily accommodates any and all dietary needs, and they even offer tofu for vegetarians.
- El Jalisco – Easily one of the top-rated Mexican restaurants in the area, El Jalisco is known for its burritos, affordable daily lunch specials, and delicious fajitas served all week long. In the mornings, you can even get three breakfast tacos of your choice for just $3.25! You can’t beat that kind of deal – even at a fast food joint!
Schertz’s businesses and restaurants are as unique as the city itself. If you’re looking for a place that’s affordable, beautiful, safe and offers plenty of great eating as well, the city of Schertz is the spot to be. Come by and see Schertz for yourself today, or call a local Schertz expert at The Claus Team now. One of our agents would be happy to fill you in on our area’s best and brightest, and we’ll even put together a customized property list just for your family’s needs and budget. Contact us now to get started or learn more.