When you’re buying your first home, it can be hard to know where to start.
Do you simply look around where you work? Or do you find a safe, affordable and comfortable community, and then work back from there?
We definitely recommend the latter – especially if you’re planning to start a family sometime in the future.
Think of it this way: Do you want to buy a home in a downtown city, deal with traffic and horns blaring, high costs and small spaces, only to move out 2 years down the road? Definitely not.
Your best bet is to start with your future family in mind. What city would you want to raise kids in? Where would be the best long-term home for your family? Your finances? Your peace of mind?
In our opinion, Cibolo, Texas fits the bill – and then some.
Here in Cibolo, you’ll find:
- Affordable, varied real estate options – Cibolo is rife with affordable real estate options, making it perfect for the couple or family just starting out. The average home runs just $198,000, though there are plenty of properties in the mid-$100,000s all the way up to the low $300,000s. There is also plenty of available acreage, if building a custom home is more amenable. Just pick a lot, design your dream property and start building.
- Amazing Hill Country views – The houses are beautiful in Cibolo, but the surroundings? Those are even more awe-inspiring. Situated right in the heart of Hill Country, you won’t find views like Cibolo’s anywhere else. With rolling hills, beautiful lush landscape and panoramic views for miles, you’ll never want to spend a day inside again.
- Low costs of living – It’s not just moving in that’s affordable. Living here doesn’t cost much either. In fact, the overall costs of living in Cibolo are statistically lower than the national average, and costs for groceries, health care, utilities, transportation and miscellaneous are more affordable, too. Here in Cibolo, you’ll purchase your home at a price you can afford, and then you’ll enjoy a comfortable, healthy, affordable lifestyle for many years to come. What more could a growing family ask for?
- Low crime rates – Cibolo is safe, too – very safe. On a scale of 1-100, the rate of violent crime in Cibolo is a mere 30 – much lower than the national average of 41. Property crimes are even less common in the area, with a rate of just 21 out of 100. This makes it the perfect place to raise your kids and start a family.
- Great schools – Once those kids grow older, Cibolo continues to show its worth. You see, children in Cibolo attend schools in SCUCISD, or the Schertz Cibolo Universal City Independent School District. One of the area’s top performing districts, SCUCISD boasts 16 campuses and was given “recognized” status from the Texas Education Agency in 2011. The district even boasts an International Baccalaureate program, numerous dual language programs and a specialty school for at-risk youth, called the Allison Steele Enhanced Learning Center
- Close proximity to all the important cities – Cibolo is perfect for young professionals. It’s just a quick 30 minutes to downtown San Antonio and only 20 minutes from New Braunfels. Austin and San Marcos aren’t far either, so jobs are plentiful – and commutes are hassle-free. For military members stationed at Randolph AFB, Cibolo is even more convenient. The base is situated just a few minutes down the road.
- Lots of local amenities – The city of Cibolo is full of amazing amenities. It boasts a top-notch local library, a disc golf course and plenty of parks, playgrounds, trails and athletic facilities to play and get active on. For shopping, The Forum at Olympia Parkway is just around the corner, and for concerts, plays, five-star dining or even theme parks, it’s all just a 20 to 30 minute drive away in San Marcos of New Braunfels! The options for fun, culture and entertainment are endless when you live in Cibolo.
Make Cibolo Your First Home
Do you think Cibolo, Texas may be the right place for your family’s first home? Then contact The Claus Team today. Our expert agents know Cibolo like the back of their hands, and they can help match you with properties that meet your needs, preferences, aesthetic and, of course, budget. Plus, we’re specialists in first-time homebuyers. Just call us now, and we’ll get started on your Cibolo home search right away!